Copywriter (with UX writing)
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe that small and medium-sized enterprises have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Copywriter at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god like challenger of the banking world) you will work with our growing design and marketing teams across our products on web, native apps and marketing campaigns. This is a flexible role as we have a lot to do - You could be working on a on brand creative, on our marketing website, crafting some longer form blog content with SEO in mind or advertising. Within our product flows you will help cut the waffle and direct users with minimal copy for the best UX. The ideal person will be able to tell the grand story of our mission, evoke emotional benefits of a feature on our website or find the perfect micro copy in app.
Who are we looking for?
- Help to shape our story for our consumer audience of small and medium business owners.
- Work with our marketing, product and design teams to test different versions of copy, and write copy for new features and product updates.
- Translate technical or financial jargon into human and helpful language, keeping the user in mind at all times.
- Work with our designers to write copy for user flows, and help shape a first-rate user experience for our product as we continue to grow.
- Support and guide the wider team on use of language, building and owning guidelines for tone of voice and writing style.
- You will have experience working in fast paced environments/startups/product agency or similar.
- You can concept on the fly and collaborate with anyone to get things done.
- To be considered you must share your portfolio or links to previous examples of your work.
- Previous experience working with senior stakeholders and communicating your decision making is highly advantageous.
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up that’s now scaling up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop a career with us as we continue to scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.