Product Owner, Conversion
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Product Owner, Conversion at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world) You will work hand-in-hand with designers, developers and marketers, to ensure that our the acquisition journey flows seamlessly from ad spend all the way to opened account. This includes a wide area of conversion optimisation, from marketing channels to owned assets, app installs (ASO), and most importantly in-app journeys. Requirements will change as we learn from how our campaigns perform - A/B testing will drive everything we do. We believe in adapting quickly, learning by doing.
We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with direct feedback, and encourage action over deliberation.
Who are we looking for?
- You will have a background in Conversion Optimisation, some form of Product Development and has a passion for Marketing, Analytics and Data.
- You’ll be able to use data in innovative ways and draw insight and analytics to drive the next steps of development
- You’ve spent time in different startups / tech businesses working on delivering integrated product experiences across mobile (iOS, Android), web and even paid channels
- You’ve worked in finance, consulting, technology, started your own company, or done something else that was challenging
- You’re logical, and see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but know when to stop analysing and start acting
- You’re customer-focused and a team player
- You’ll probably have experience both on client-side and agency-side. You enjoy working in a complex and technical industry
- You are all over agile methodologies - Scrum and/or Kanban - more practice than textbook of course
- Experience with testing across all possible and meaningful opportunities - creatives, messaging, audiences, user stories, prioritisation
Your responsibilities will include:
- Scope and sizing conversion improvement opportunities in a data-driven way quickly and efficiently
- Figuring out the vision and goals of the team, how to measure them and how to set measures of success, and the next A/B test or winning improvement to go live
- Leading by example: not only will you lead a product team, but you’ll be hands-on and spend more time delivering than documenting
- Working with other product teams, understanding their potential and providing insights
- Communicating product changes with the satellite team and keeping them in the loop
- Above all, you will scale things through high-pace delivery with overwhelming efficiency
- Dreaming up asset production options and deliver recommendations
- 2+ years in development-heavy (or at least complex) project management experience
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with creative production / You may be hands-on with Photoshop yourself or are comfortable working with designers
- Experience with data-driven segmentation, targeting and a/b testing, analytics and BI tools
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.