Head of Financial Crime
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As the Head of Financial Crime at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god like challenger of the banking world) you will report directly to the VP, Risk and Compliance/MLRO. You will be responsible for the financial crime team, including:
- Our awesome FinCrime Analysts! This includes managing their day-to-day workload and taking responsibility for their personal development, advising on cases, and managing the overall workload of the team
- Dealing with any financial crime related enquiries across the business
- Working closely with all other departments, third parties such as our partner bank, law enforcement, other financial institutions and financial crime prevention bodies
- Reviewing SARs, ensuring they are of the highest quality
- Working with the Product Owner to build new systems and controls, and enhance current ones
- Scaling the team and operations as Tide grows
- And much more!
Our FinCrime team is already great – we want you to keep driving that whilst we go through significant growth!
Who are we looking for?
- You must be passionate about fighting financial crime! This is not just a regulatory requirement to us, we really care about protecting Tide and our customers
- Worked with all financial crime types – we don’t differentiate, it’s all handled within the financial crime team
- Detailed knowledge of SARs and what a great SAR looks like
- A good understanding of financial crime control frameworks
- Worked in a financial crime role in business banking
- Be comfortable with technology and how it can be used for financial crime prevention – you don’t have to know how to code or be a developer, but you have to understand the utilisations, how to make efficiencies, and be able to work with our amazing Product Owner to achieve this
- Be comfortable with data - you don’t need to be an expert, but you’ll be able to work with a spreadsheet and dashboards
- Ideally experience within a FinTech would be advantageous but we’d also welcome banking experience too
- Management experience
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.