Fintech Regulatory Counsel
Hello, we’re Tide.
Tide is the emerging leader in SME challenger banking in the UK and has been ranked as a Top 100 FinTech by KPMG. We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. That's why we are passionate about our mission is to help SMEs - our members - save time (and money).
The Tide platform not only offers business bank account and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly usable administrative solutions, such as full integration with accounting systems. Tide believes that truly serving SMEs well requires relentless focus on their needs. That is why Tide is SME only.
Based in central London and Sofia, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Alex Chesterman (Zoopla) as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Augmentum, Creandum, LocalGlobe and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Fintech Regulatory Counsel at Tide, (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god like challenger of the banking world), you will be Tide’s financial regulatory expert and as such will (i) guide the business teams and senior management on a variety of financial services topics, (ii) draft and review policies, procedures, disclosures and external communications, (iii) work with the legal and compliance teams to upgrade and maintain company-wide compliance with a variety of regulations governing the fintech space and our obligations to third parties, (iv) advise the product teams on new product concepts and strategy, and (v) communicate with the relevant governmental agencies to comply with regulatory requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- Proficient knowledge of FCA and PRA rules and regulations.
- 4+ years of experience interpreting, applying, or enforcing the FCA and/or PRA rules and regulations at a financial institution, fintech company, regulatory agency, or top tier law firm.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory risks, processes and controls.
- Excellent business judgment.
- Passion for providing above-and-beyond service to stakeholders.
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.