Transaction Monitoring Analyst
Hello, we’re Tide.
Tide is the emerging leader in the SME challenger banking space in the UK, that’s why we’ve been ranked as a Top 100 FinTech by KPMG! We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. That's why we’re passionate about our mission is to help SMEs - our members - save time (and money).
The Tide platform not only offers business bank accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly usable administrative solutions, such as full integration with accounting systems. Tide believes that truly serving SMEs well requires a relentless focus on their needs. That is why Tide is SME only.
Based in central London and Sofia, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Alex Chesterman (Zoopla) as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Augmentum, Creandum, LocalGlobe and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Transaction Monitoring Analyst at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god like challenger of the banking world) you will sit in the Financial Crime team, working closely with our Financial Crime Analysts. You’ll be responsible for monitoring a variety of transaction types across our customer base, including cash deposits, withdrawals, faster payments and card payments. This role is an important part of our monitoring and helps identify any suspicious activity that require further investigation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing transactions across a variety of payment types to look for signs of financial crime including money laundering and terrorist financing
- Sanction screening some payments
- Developing and seeking ways to improve the tools and process for transaction analysis
- Using a variety of tools to analyse transactions in different ways, including thematic reviews
Who are we looking for?
You need a good eye for detail to be able to identify suspicious activity amongst transaction data. You don’t need to have done transaction monitoring before, but you need to be able to pick things up quickly, analyse information, be good with data, and be inquisitive.
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.