VP Credit Services
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As VP Credit Services at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world), you will work hands-on with your team to meet and exceed agreed OKR’s. You will research, plan and oversee development of new credit services that will deliver value to our members, and help best differentiate Tide from its competitors by delivering significant revenue to the business.
Services could include overdraft, credit card, term loans, mortgages, trade finance and invoice factoring. You will own all Credit Services moving forward and be responsible for their iteration, future development and optimisation, along with all relevant partner relationships.
You will be responsible for delivering insight by reporting back to your line manager and the business, and updating us regularly on your roadmap and delivery.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deep analysis and research
- Defining the product vision, setting and delivering high-level OKRs
- The creation of business cases and the strategy of various credit services, e.g build Vs buy Vs partner
- Leading a cross functional team through to product delivery, as a PO
- Driving the business decisions for the BU
- Negotiating deals with partners
- Setting OKRs for Product owners and teams (once hired)
- Ongoing analysis of data to drive optimisation
- Driving revenue maximisation whilst managing risk
- Coordinate the work of the product owners in the vertical (once hired)
- Line manage the product owners (once hired)
- Leading a network of marketing, customer support and stakeholders
- Managing Partner relationships
- Making the information flow
Who are we looking for?
- A customer mindset where you can use creativity, logic and innovation to deliver solutions that both delight and add maximum value.
- You will be highly analytical
- Ideally you will have previous experience in credit services and leading teams at a senior level
- A relentless focus on delivering, and where possible exceeding your OKRs
- You will have a highly analytical and data driven approach with a strong KPI focus; be well versed in conversion metrics and analytics - both quantitative and qualitative
- Track-record in product management, having previously lead cross functional teams through complex project delivery
- Strong organisation skills - both self and team
- Business technical expertise
- People leadership experience
- Great communication skills - you can talk to both highly technical and non-technical colleagues
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.