Lead iOS Engineer
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Lead iOS Engineer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world), you’ll report directly into our Head of Mobile and Web Platforms and lead a team of 5 iOS engineers; managing them, mentoring them, and helping them achieve their personal and collective goals.
You’ll be responsible for driving the end-of-sprint release cycles from start to finish, communicating technical details to technical and non-technical team members clearly to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of new features. You’ll work daily on implementing and maintaining good technical quality assurance practices and development methods. This is essential as we pursue an internationally scalable and maintainable product.
You’ll work closely with the Design team to ensure the feasibility of proposed solutions and collaborate daily with the UI automation team to help them increase the UI test coverage and reduce the reliance on manual testing.
The core of this role is acting as an effective leader, but you will be hands on when necessary – we’re a start-up and sometimes, it’s all hands-on ship!
Who are we looking for?
- Five or more years of iOS development experience.
- Strong knowledge in Swift and ObjC and recent iOS SDKs.
- Understanding of OOP/POP principles, SOLID, clean code, design patterns and iOS architecture patterns.
- Experience integrating with third party RESTful APIs and associated libraries.
- Experience in code reviewing, writing tests, testable code and working with test frameworks.
- A good understanding of the application development lifecycle.
- Experience building sleek, high performance user interfaces and complex iOS apps that successfully shipped to customers.
- Version control with GIT.
- JIRA, CI/CD (Jenkins/Buddy Build).
- A good understanding of UI/UX concepts.
- Experience with Agile methodologies - Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience leading a team of iOS engineers, with the ability to develop and mentor less experienced developers.
The following would also be highly advantageous:
- Functional Reactive Programming.
- Pair programming.
- UI Testing.
- Experience of managing cross-functional, on-shore and off-shore teams – we have a small team of software engineers in Sofia.
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.