Junior Data Analyst
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this...
As a Data Analyst at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean - a god-like challenger of the banking world), you will join the BI team to help the business analyse and build processes around our data so we can better understand our product and our members.
You will develop a deep understanding of our data and quickly become a go-to person in the business to create insights and dashboards for cross functional teams.
You’ll also have the opportunity work with the wider business to support new products, and improve on existing processes to allow Tide to scale.
Using a variety of software tools to analyse customer behaviour, you will manage work and identify improvements to our products and operational processes.
Who are we looking for?
- You’ll have an analytical degree from a strong university; preferably in Maths, Economics or Finance discipline, some experience of statistical modelling or econometrics will be advantageous.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in Tide and the current developments in FinTech and tech more broadly
- You’re comfortable with data - you like analytical work and you’ll have had some relevant experience working with SQL.
- Experience working with BI systems (e.g.Tableau, Looker)
- You’ll have a keen attention to detail, be willing to roll your sleeves up and get to the details of understanding our data.
- You’re organised - can think in a structured manner and understand the importance of prioritising effectively and balancing multiple projects concurrently
- You are a team player - everyone in Tide has to do the unglamorous tasks from time to time to get projects over the line!
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.