Senior iOS Engineer
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Senior iOS Developer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean - a god-like challenger of the banking world), you’ll report directly to the Lead iOS Engineer and work in a team of 7.
Your focus will be spent on writing high-quality, highly testable code and contributing to the iOS technical architecture and vision as we expand and grow our product. Scalable and maintainable code is super important to our ability to scale. You’ll review code and ensure that our foundations are solid.
You’ll be comfortable pair programming with other engineers and you’ll assist the lead of the platform in the release process. Mentoring less experienced engineers will also be an important part of your role.
You’ll work closely with the Design team to ensure the feasibility of proposed solutions and collaborate daily with the UI automation team to help them increase the UI test coverage and reduce the reliance on manual testing.
Who are we looking for?
- Five or more years of iOS development experience.
- Strong knowledge in Swift and ObjC and recent iOS SDKs.
- Understanding of OOP/POP principles, SOLID, clean code, design patterns and iOS architectures.
- Experience integrating with third party RESTful APIs and associated libraries.
- Experience writing tests, testable code and working with test frameworks
- A good understanding of the application development lifecycle.
- Experience building sleek, high performance user interfaces and complex iOS apps that successfully shipped to customers.
- Experience with pull requests and code reviewing.
- Version control with GIT.
- JIRA, CI/CD (Jenkins/Buddy Build etc).
- A good understanding of UI/UX concepts.
- Experience with Agile methodologies - Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Strong communication skills.
The following would also be highly advantageous:
- Functional Reactive Programming.
- Pair programming.
- UI Testing.
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all level!
- Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.
Our employee benefits.
- 25 days holiday and pension contribution
- Good stock options so you can bask in our success in the long term
- Career progression – you want it? Come to Tide. We love to promote from within so you can become a Master of all things Tide!
- We’re not corporate, we’re open and progressive
- We have a barista machine filled with (ethical) coffee, breakfasts, fruit and an irresistible goodies shelf
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate your milestones like anniversaries and cake on your birthday
- A dedicated Social Squad with monthly budgets to make sure we play hard too
- Beer and soft drinks fridge so you can kick back on Fridays
- Lunch and Learns to fill your brains and your stomach!
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives – we take this seriously
- Tide Member Meets. We’re growing, but we don’t lose sight of who we are.