Financial Crime Analyst
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Financial Crime Analyst at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world), you will report directly to the MLRO and be central in the development of Tide’s AML policies and procedures. You will be the most senior analyst in the Financial Crime team and your experience will be key in handling more complex cases and mentoring the team, with the MLRO, as we grow.
Day to day: you will investigate cases of fraud / money laundering and discover potential links with external accounts - this may include analysis of complex networks and accounts; advising and guiding other members of the team on investigations; liaise with law enforcement including writing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) where required and conduct typology and sector reviews. You will also lead on projects developing financial crime controls and provide quality assurance on many financial crime processes including PEP/Sanction alters, investigations, SARs and conversations with customers (financial crime related).
Who are we looking for?
- University degree
- 1+ years of experience in a Compliance-related role, specialising in business related anti-money laundering/fraud investigations at a leading FinTech or bank
- Ability to work well as part of a team; decisive; goal-oriented; proactive
- Understanding of UK/EEA AML/CTF framework, including 4MLD, POCA, UK MLRs, FCA regulations, JMLSG, PSD2
- You must have written Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- You must have conducted investigations including transaction reviews
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.