Senior Android Engineer
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Senior Android Developer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean - a god-like challenger of the banking world), your focus will be spent on writing high-quality, highly testable code and contributing to the Android technical architecture and vision as we expand and grow our product. Scalable and maintainable code is super important to our ability to scale. You’ll review code and ensure that our foundations are solid.
You’ll be comfortable pair programming with other engineers and you’ll help drive the release process. Mentoring less experienced engineers will also be an important part of your role.You’ll work daily on implementing and maintaining good technical practices and development methods. This is essential as we pursue an internationally scalable and maintainable product.
You’ll work closely with the Design team to ensure the feasibility of proposed solutions and collaborate daily with the UI automation team to help them increase the UI test coverage and reduce the reliance on manual testing.
Who are we looking for?
- A strong, seasoned Engineer
- Good experience with Java and with the Android SDK
- Knowledge in recent Android SDKs
- Experience with Dependency injection frameworks ( Dagger 2 )
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience integrating with third party RESTful APIs, and associated libraries
- Ability to write & maintain unit tests
- Working knowledge of software design patterns
- A good understanding of the application development lifecycle
- Experience building complex Android apps that successfully shipped to customers
- Experience in code reviewing
- Familiarity working with Git version control in a collaborative team environment
- Mentoring less experienced developers
- Excellent communication skills
The following would also be highly advantageous:
- UI Testing
- Worked in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Technical degree
What are we like to work for:
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.