Junior Support Engineer
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks.
Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and
too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking
services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and
investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla
Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock
the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like
Your day will look a little like this…
As a Support Engineer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the
banking world), you are at the core of keeping our engine running. Your technical
knowledge and depth of product understanding will be key in supporting our customer
facing teams, troubleshooting technical problems and supporting our daily operational
You’ll be the go-to person for all technical support across the business and on a daily basis,
provide operational reporting for internal teams. You’ll be challenged with replicating
customer problems where you’ll suggest and deliver workarounds so the delivery of new
features and the product can move forward.
You’ll also be responsible for escalating and facilitating production issues to resolution and
support the QA teams to replicate and test production issues and fixes. This is essential in
the delivery of new features for the product. Your implementation of back office technical
work will also be key in the daily operations of Tide.
Who are we looking for?
● Experience of API, web services and databases. Ideally, you’ll have worked with
databases and RESTful/SOAP APIs
● You’ll have a good level of experience working with Jira and Confluence tools
● You’ll have an analytical mind and be driven by solving problems - technical and non-
● You’ll be highly organised, self-managed, proactive and have exceptional time
● Due to the cross-functional nature of the role and working with various teams in the
business, you’ll need to have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
● You’ll also be very familiar with customer ticketing systems
What are we like to work for?
● We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many
areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
● We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and
develop career with us as we scale
● We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
● We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy
each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas,
thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and
efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds
itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.