Senior Web Engineer
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Senior Web Engineer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean - a god-like challenger of the banking world), you’ll report directly to the Lead Web Engineer and work in a team of highly skilled web engineers.
Your focus will be spent on writing high-quality, highly testable code and contributing to the web technical architecture and vision as we expand and grow our product. Scalable and maintainable code is super important to our ability to scale. You’ll review code and ensure that our foundations are solid.
You’ll be comfortable pair programming with other engineers and you’ll assist the lead of the platform in the release process. Mentoring less experienced engineers will also be an important part of your role.
You’ll work closely with the Design team to ensure the feasibility of proposed solutions and collaborate daily with the UI automation team to help them increase the UI test coverage and reduce the reliance on manual testing.
Who are we looking for?
- 5 years of web development experience.
- Experience with either Angular2+ and/or React frameworks.
- Expertise in OOP and RESTFul web services.
- Experience in code reviewing, writing tests, testable code and working with test frameworks.
- Version control with GIT.
- JIRA, CI/CD, SDLC knowledge.
- A good understanding of UI/UX concepts.
- Experience with Agile methodologies - Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Proactiveness and strong communication skills,
The following would also be highly advantageous:
- Experience with build and code-coverage tools.
- Experience with AngularJS 1.x and newer versions.
- Hands on Pair programming.
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.