Senior Web Engineer
Tide’s mission is to help our members save time (and money) in the running of their businesses, so they can get back to doing what they love. As one team, we act on data to discover, create and deliver what’s best for our members.
As part of the team, you will work with highly skilled web engineers. Your focus will be spent on writing high-quality, highly testable code and contributing to the web technical architecture and vision as we expand and grow our product. Scalable and maintainable code is super important to our ability to scale. You’ll review code and ensure that our foundations are solid. You’ll be comfortable pair programming with other engineers and you’ll assist the lead of the platform in the release process. Mentoring less experienced engineers will also be an important part of your role. You’ll work closely with the Design team to ensure the feasibility of proposed solutions and collaborate daily with the UI automation team to help them increase the UI test coverage and reduce the reliance on manual testing.
We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- 5 years of web development experience.
- Experience with either Angular2+ and/or React frameworks.
- Expertise in OOP and RESTFul web services.
- Experience in code reviewing, writing tests, testable code and working with test frameworks.
- Version control with GIT. JIRA, CI/CD, SDLC knowledge
- A good understanding of UI/UX concepts.
- Experience with Agile methodologies - Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Proactiveness and strong communication skills
The highly desirables:
- Experience with build and code-coverage tools.
- Experience with AngularJS 1.x and newer versions.
- Hands on Pair programming.
We’re the leading SME digital-only challenger bank in the UK. Our core values are members first, data driven and one team. With quick on-boarding, low fees, innovative features and an agreed five years roadmap ahead of us, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We have established offices in both London and Sofia and a history of very successful funding rounds. We’re offering the right person the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help drive our rapid growth. Our employees are very important to us and hence we offer competitive salaries and additional benefits:
- 25 days paid leave
- 5 days per month home office
- Sponsored training, seminars and team events
- Food vouchers
- Additional health insurance
- Multisport card
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion...
Tide is here for everyone. This is why we build diverse teams of all possible personal backgrounds. Everyone is given a voice; if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.