Network & Infrastructure Engineer
Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Network & Infrastructure Engineer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world), you’ll work closely with our business and technology teams to fulfil IT solutions across our international offices. You’ll ensure on-boarding and off-boarding is fast, reliable and secure. You’ll investigate network and infrastructure issues, facilitate escalations and suggest workarounds.
Who are we looking for?
- Hands on experience in building and managing a distributed team across different continents, supporting local infrastructure and network requirements
- Setting up and managing departmental builds across Windows and Macs, and experience with Linux operating systems
- Facilitating on-boarding (and off-boarding) staff processes, provisioning and configuring hardware and software for new starters
- Introducing tools and processes to fulfil IT requirements, establishing the asset management register and managing IT partnerships
- Planning office moves, setting up and installing new international offices
- Introducing network monitoring and performance solutions, and proactive performance management for our offices
- Documenting and training staff for security policies, processes and procedures
- Good understanding of working with call centre technology and telephony (e.g. VOIP)
- Good experience interfacing with technical teams to fulfil engineering team requirements
- Setting up Kanban for team activities
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.