Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe that small and medium-sized enterprises have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As an Agile Coach at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world) your role is all about coaching and enabling the Development Teams. We are building an environment where continuous improvement of the development process is in focus and where everyone’s common goal is to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible while having fun.
As an Agile Coach at Tide you’re passionate about communication, group dynamics and coaching, and you’re not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments from your team. You’ll be working with a world-class team of engineers who love what they do – and we expect no less from you.
You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. If you’re the right one for us, you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
Support your teams towards better performance:
- Be the evangelist of the Agile and Lean mindset, through coaching, mentoring and training
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies
- Support the team to maximize the value delivered to our customers
- Be an advocate of end-to-end quality
- Maintain team focus throughout sprints on priorities and business value
- Help the team to visualise their progress and policies
- Empower and support team members to remove impediments, escalate organisational blockers
- Define key Scrum/Kanban metrics to help the team to improve
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Keep communication flowing, especially when working with distributed teams
Engage in the internal Community:
- Actively participate in the Tide Agile Community of Practice, sometimes taking the lead
- Support the Head of Agile on specific assignments around overall organizational change/improvement service
- We use Jira and Confluence, being familiar with them is not a requirement but it will help. Also, we use a lot of sticky notes :-).
Who are we looking for?
- Insanely passionate about Agile, organisational change, and growing highly performant teams
- A servant leader attitude
- Experience of coaching/training technical and non-technical team members in the principles of Agile
- Experience running Scrum teams in a Software Engineering environment
- Exposure to other Agile methodology besides Scrum (Kanban, XP)
- Strong working knowledge of Agile principles, processes, and practices
- Ability to challenge the status quo by asking powerful questions
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up that’s now scaling up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop a career with us as we continue to scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.