Head of Partnerships (VC-backed fintech startup)
Tide is fixing financial services for small businesses. Customers can open a business current account in seconds and get instant access to an integrated set of all the financial services they need to run their business in a simple mobile and desktop environment.
Tide has recently emerged from a secret pre-launch phase and announced a 7-figure seed funding round from leading venture capital firms and industry insiders. We have been featured in the technology press including TechCrunch, Business Insider and The Memo. Our senior management and founding team have 50+ years' experience in financial services and entrepreneurship.
We are looking for an experienced business development professional to develop our distribution partnerships from scratch and scale it to deliver significant sign-up volume. This is a great opportunity to make a real impact into Tide’s growth and success, through brilliant strategy and execution.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver a range of partnerships in multiple sectors, building the foundations for the channel to scale significantly – in 2017 we are looking to bring in 20+ partners, each bringing in 1000+ new customers per year.
- Move at speed to build a strong network of partners to ensure coverage of the UK small business market.
- Own the sales cycle from business development to partnership delivery and on-going management – including actively optimising partners to reach their full potential.
- Structure our Partnerships’ proposition for global expansion, including understanding and prioritising high potential markets.
- Build a high-performing sales team as the channel expands.
- An experienced business development executive with a strong track record of delivering high performing partnerships in a similar environment.
- A salesperson’s appetite for sourcing and closing deals personally, but also ability to build and manage a sales team.
- A strategic mindset and the analytical ability to justify your time allocation quantitatively
- Strong presentation skills and ability to forecast and report on key channel metrics.
- Deep knowledge of the UK tech sector and adjacent white collar industries.
We pay healthy startup salaries, plus options, and always seek to hire a diverse team. We prefer candidates who share our passion for fixing financial services and choose a package weighted to options instead of cash. The cash salary range for this role is initially £40k-£55k dependent on experience, plus substantial options and performance incentive.